What is it?
- A non-profit international volunteer organization that takes elderly and less abled citizens out for free bike rides in specialized bikes called trishaws
- Established in 2012 in Denmark and now represented worldwide in 50 countries
- There are almost 50 chapters in Canada alone!
5 Guiding Principles
- Without Age
- Launch of program in 2019 was followed by a Covid shutdown
- We now have pilots trained and have implemented covid protocols which allow us to ride!
- Two Trishaws are in Fernie ready to be taken out
- We are booking rides right now!
We need people just like you to keep this initiative moving. We are looking for capable people to peddle our clients around and let them feel the wind in their hair again. You don’t have to be a high performance athlete with our electric trishaws, but you do need to be ready to have fun with all kinds of people.
Let’s go for a ride! If you’re finding it tricky to get outside in the Fernie area, contact us! You are able to go alone, or bring a friend or care-giver along. We want to hear from you and take you for a ride!
Think this is a great idea and want to help? Consider making a donation to Cycling Without Age Fernie